Kuwaiti Charity Tied To Global Muslim Brotherhood To Cordinate Kuwait’s Aid To Syrian RefugessBy
A Union of Good website is reporting that the President of the International Islamic Charitable Organization (IICO), also an envoy of the UN Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, has announced that 30 Kuwaiti charitable organizations and non-profit societies have agreed to form a coordination committee under IICO supervision to coordinate Kuwait’s aid to Syrian refugees. According to the report:
President of the International Islamic Charitable Organization (IICO) and envoy of the UN Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, Dr. Abdullah Al-Maatouq, said Monday that more than 30 Kuwaiti charitable organizations and non-profit societies have unanimously agreed on the need to form a coordination committee under the IICO supervision to unite efforts for implementing Kuwait’s integrated charity project to aid the Syrian refugees.
This came in a press statement following Al-Maatouq’s sponsorship of a meeting for a number of Kuwaiti charitable organizations and non-profit societies that was called for by the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah to discuss the humanitarian situation in Syria.
He said that the conferees have agreed to put this issue for discussion within pledges of the non-governmental organizations at their second international conference slated for January 14 before submitting it to the international donors’ conference to be held here on December 15, where each charitable society would come up with its own project according to its specialization and the nature of its activity.
Read the rest here.
The International Islamic Charity Organization (IICO) is headquartered in Kuwait and describes itself as “independent non-political organization which offers a wide range of pure humanitarian services.” The IICO has listed branches in the MIddle East, Africa, and in Asia and as late as 2008, the U.S. IICO branch was listed at the same address in Herndon, Virginia as the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT), an important part of the US Muslim Brotherhood. In 2008, directors and advisors of IIIT attended a general Assembly meeting of the IICO. The IICO lists several UN organizations as “International Partners” while other listed partners include notably:
- Eslah Social Association (Muslim Brotherhood Bahrain)
- World Islamic Council for Dawah and Relief (umbrella group with members associated with the global Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas fundraising, or support for Al Qaeda)
- Muslim World League (Saudi organization for the propagation of “Wahabbi” Islam)
- International Islamic Relief Organization (Saudi Islamist charity)
- Qatar Charitable Organization (Union of Good, Hamas fundraising)
- Revival of Islamic Heritage Society (US designated terrorist entity, Al Qaeda support)
- Islamic Dawa Organization Sudan (Executive Secretary is Malik Obama, half-brother of US President Obama)
- Abdullah Omar Naseef (Saudi Islamist leadcer)
- Abd al-Rahman Siwar al-Dhahab (Deputy head of the Union of Good)
- Issam Basheer ( Global Muslim Brotherhood figure from Sudan)
- Ahmed Totonji (Early US Muslim Brotherhood leader)
- Zaghloul El-Naggar (important figure in history of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood)
The IICO celebrated it 25th anniversary in May of 2010.
The GMBDW reported yesterday on a US Syrian-American Group tied to the US Muslim Brotherhood that is also involved in aid to Syrian refugees.