During the closing plenary session at the 2012 meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative, former President Bill Clinton failed to hold Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi to account for the anti-Semitic and anti-U.S. incitement engaged in over the years by both Dr. Morsi and the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood. At time 55:03 in the video of the session, Mr. Clinton seem to be about to ask Dr. Morsi about this incitement but ended up remarking only that the “fairly large” number of Jews in the audience were among those who wished him well and wanted him to succeed.
The GMBDW wonders how many of the Jews in the audience would have wished Dr. Morsi well knowing that in 2004 he said that the “Quran has established that the Jews are the ones in the highest degree of enmity towards Muslims” and that “there is no peace with the descendants of the apes and pigs”. As reported in a post earlier this week, an organization known as Secure America Now has released an information packet titled “The truth about Mohammed Morsi” which presents a fully sourced compendium of statements as well as other information about the Egyptian president. The report begins with an introduction characterizing Dr. Morsi’s statements and other facts covered in further detail later on in the publication:
- “Resistance is the correct and only way to free the land from the filth of the Jews” (Mohammed Morsi, July 2007).
- His words are reflective of his contempt for Jews, The United States, and the State of Israel.
- Dr. Morsi joined the Muslim Brotherhood while living in the United States
- Two of his sons were arrested at anti-Israel, anti-United States demonstrations in Egypt
- Dr. Morsi has repeatedly denounced Egypt’s treaty with Israel.
- Dr. Morsi is an unabashed supporter of Hamas
- Dr. Morsi believes the 9/11 terrorists have not been identified.
- Dr. Morsi has repeatedly defended the Sudanese President al-Bashir who has committed genocide against the people in Darfur.
- Dr. Morsi has pledged to work for the release of Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman, a militant Islamist preacher imprisoned in the United States for planning the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
It should also be noted that during his speech at the Clinton Global Initiative, Dr. Morsi also repeated the claim ( time 41:45) that children were “starving” in Gaza, a claim that Hamas itself has denied.