An Islamic news source reporting on the funeral of Necmettin Erbakan, generally described as the founder of the Turkish Islamist movement, has provided an astonishing list of the attendees who represent a “Who’s Who” of the Global Muslim Brotherhood. According the report, these included:
- Turkish President Abdullah Gul and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan tied to the Muslim Brotherhood in Turkey
- Mohamed Mahdi Akef, former Supreme Guide of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood
- Ibrahim Mounir. Muslim Brotherhood leader living in exile in the UK
- Ghaleb Himmat, business partner of Youssef Nada
- Ibrahim Al-Masri, leader in the Lebanese Muslim Brotherhood
- Mustafa Mohammed Tahan, Secretary-General of the International Islamic Federation of Student Organizations (IIFSO)
- Ahmed Abdel-Aty, Secretary-General of the IIFSO
- Ibrahim el-Zayat, leader of the German Muslim Brotherhood and Federation of Islamic Organizations In Europe (FIOE) official
- Ayman al-Ali, FIOE official
- Chakib Makhlouf, President of FIOE
- Ali Bayanouni, former Comptroller General of the Muslim Brotherhood in Syria
- Mohammed Nazal, Hamas official in Syria
- Qazi Hussain Ahmed,Amir of the Pakistani Jammat-e-Islami
GMBDW cannot remember a time when so many key leaders of the Global Muslim Brotherhood were gathered in one place.
A previous post provided background on Erbakan.