Israeli media is reporting that Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi participated in weekend service where an Islamic cleric called upon the Jews to be destroyed. According a Jerusalem Post report:
The Simon Wiesenthal Center on Monday reiterated its call to US President Barack Obama to sever ties with the Muslim Brotherhood after Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi attended a prayer service during which an Islamic cleric called for the Jews to be destroyed. According to the Center, Egypt’s Channel 1 broadcast cleric Futouh Abd Al-Nabi Mansour’s sermon in which he prayed: “Oh Allah, destroy the Jews and their supporters. Oh Allah, disperse them, rend them as under. Oh Allah, demonstrate Your might and greatness upon them.” Related: Brotherhood head calls for ‘jihad’ to liberate J’lem Thereafter, Morsi allegedly is seen and heard answering “Amen.” “This is a slap in the face to America as Egypt’s President Morsi pockets billions in US aid and says amen to principles that are repugnant to all Americans,” charged Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean and founder of the Wiesenthal Center and Rabbi Abraham Cooper, the Center’s associate dean. “Morsi, the leader who just lectured the world from the UN podium about the need to safeguard religions from desecration, apparently doesn’t extend it to the Jewish people and its faith,” the rabbis continued. “He and his government need to hear an unequivocal warning from the US that it won’t be business as usual as long as the public espousal of genocidal hate against Jews continues,” they concluded. Earlier this month, the Wiesenthal Center denounced Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Mohammed Badie for calling on Muslims worldwide to liberate Jerusalem by means of jihad. In a weekly message to supporters, according to AFP, Badie asserted that “The jihad for the recovery of Jerusalem is a duty for all Muslims,” stressing that the city’s conquest “will not be done through negotiations or at the United Nations.”
A post from late September reported on an information packet released by Secure America Now that revealed that In one of Dr. Morsi’s most egregious statements, he said in 2004 that the “Quran has established that the Jews are the ones in the highest degree of enmity towards Muslims” and that “there is no peace with the descendants of the apes and pigs”. The report begins with an introduction characterizing Dr. Morsi’s statements and other facts covered in further detail later on in the publication:
- “Resistance is the correct and only way to free the land from the filth of the Jews”
- His words are reflective of his contempt for Jews, The United States, and the State of Israel.
- Dr. Morsi joined the Muslim Brotherhood while living in the United States
- Two of his sons were arrested at anti-Israel, anti-United States demonstrations in Egypt
- Dr. Morsi has repeatedly denounced Egypt’s treaty with Israel.
- Dr. Morsi is an unabashed supporter of Hamas
- Dr. Morsi believes the 9/11 terrorists have not been identified.
- Dr. Morsi has repeatedly defended the Sudanese President al-Bashir who has committed genocide against the people in Darfur.
- Dr. Morsi has pledged to work for the release of Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman, a militant Islamist preacher imprisoned in the United States for planning the 1993 World Trade Center bombing
A subsequent post reported that during the closing plenary session at the 2012 meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative, former President Bill Clinton shared the podium with but failed to hold Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi to account for the anti-Semitic and anti-U.S. incitement engaged in over the years by both Dr. Morsi and the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood.