European Jewish media is reporting that Kuwaiti Muslim Brotherhood leader Tariq Suwaidan has been invited to be a speaker at a Muslim Fair in Brussels next month. According to a European Jewish Press report:
BRUSSELS (EJP)—A Koweiti preacher who has reportedly made anti-Semitic statements and called for Israel’s eradication is scheduled to be one the speakers at a Muslim Fair in Brussels next month. Tareq Al-Suwaidan is a leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in Kuwait and is considered to be close to Hamas, the Islamist group in the Gaza Strip.
In an April 2012 interview for Al-Quds, a TV station affiliated with Hamas, he claimed that since politicians were controlled by money and the media by the Jews, only ‘armed resistance’ and not Western aid or Western popular sympathy could change the situation in Palestine and Jerusalem.
He also said in the interview that the most dangerous thing facing Muslims is the Jews calling them ‘the greatest enemy.’ He later denied charges of anti-Semitism stating ‘We are not against the Jews, let this be very clear.’
In a sermon to Hamas which was later posted on the internet on July 14, 2014 , Al-Suwaidan described Israel as ‘a deviant country that is destined to be eradicated in its entirety,’ adding that ‘We do not demand a ceasefire. Rather, we demand that the rockets continue to be launched until they bow before us.’
He further stated that ‘all the mothers of the Islamic nation – not only Palestinian mothers – should suckle their babies on the hatred of the sons of Zion. We hate them. They are our enemies. We should instill this in the souls of our children, until a new generation arises and wipes them off the face of the earth…Each and every one of us, when leaving this hall, should be contemplating a plan how to wipe out Israel.”
Read the rest here.
Tariq Suwaidan is one of the most important leaders of the Kuwait Brotherhood as well as the former General Manager of Al-Resalah Satellite TV, the brainchild of Saudi businessman Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal. In May 2007, Suwaidan was listed by federal prosecutors in a group of U.S Muslim Brotherhood members named as part of a large group of Unindicted Co-Conspirators in the terrorism financing case against the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, convicted of providing funds for Hamas. Suwaidan is also the author of the anti-Semitic “Encyclopedia of Jews.” GMBDW coverage of Suwaidan has included:
- We reported in July 2014 that Suwaidan had given an address in which he urged that Muslims develop a plan “to wipe out Israel” and that all Muslim mothers “should suckle their babies on the hatred of the sons of Zion.”
- We reported in October 2013 that Suwaidan had been barred from entering Saudi Arabia where he planned to go on Umrah (lesser pilgrimage).
- In August 2013, we reported that Suwaidan had been removed as head of the Al-Resalah TV channel by Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal as a result of his role in the Muslim Brotherhood.
- In April 2012, we reported that Suwaidan gave a TV interview in which he made various anti-Semitic comments and said that the most dangerous thing facing Muslims is not dictatorships but Jews whom he calls “the greatest enemy.”
- In January 2009, we reported on the struggle for control over Suwaidan’s Wikipedia page and the issue of whether or not he was part of the Muslim Brotherhood in Kuwait.
MEMRI has published a profile of Suwaidan detailing some of his extremist views.