Arabic Islamist media is reporting on the latest moves by the Jordanian Muslim Brotherhood in support of the Palestinian intifada [uprising]. According to the Hamas affiliated felesteen news portal on Tuesday, 13 October, the Jordanian Muslim Brotherhood and its political arm, the Islamic Action Front (IAF), held a joint press conference and published a communiqué [bayan], translated by the GMBDW, and which called for the following steps to be taken:
- The Jordanian government to cut its diplomatic ties with Israel and stop all normalization initiatives in the political, economic, cultural and agricultural fields
- All Palestinian factions to present a united opinion and reach a national strategy in defense of the Palestinian people and the intifada
- Leaving the Oslo agreements
- The return to the choice of resistance [muqawamah]to free all Palestinian land
- The release of the Jordanian soldier Ahmed Daqamseh, who in 2007 murdered 7 Israeli teenage girls in the “Island of Peace”
- Hold a major rally this coming Friday in defense of Al-Aqsa and sanctities at the heart of the capitol Amman next to the Grand Husseini Mosque
According to the same report, Himam Sa’id, the Jordanian Muslim Brotherhood’s General Supervisor also accused the Palestinian National Authority of being an ‘exclusive sentinel’ to the Israeli occupation. The IAF also announced that its offices are open for donations towards an aid campaign it is launching.
For a history of extremist statements made in the past by the Jordanian Muslim Brotherhood, go here.
For an analysis of the relationship between the Jordanian Muslim Brotherhood and the government, go here.