The UK Daily Telegraph has published an article based on a Global Muslim Brotherhood Research Center report. The Telegraph article is titled “Anti-Semite And A Muslim Brotherhood Supporter Behind New UK Mosque.” and begins:
June 3, 2007 Plans for a new mosque in Britain have been overseen by a cleric reported to be a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood and a Kuwaiti official who claims Jews orchestrated the September 11 attacks, the Telegraph can disclose.
Khalid Al-Mathkour, chairman of Kuwait’s sharia council, and Essam Al-Fulaij, a Kuwaiti government figure who has repeatedly issued anti-Semitic diatribes, are listed as trustees of a UK-registered charity building a mosque in Sheffield. They have helped channel almost £500,000 into the project from Kuwait.
Another £400,000 has been donated to the charity, the Emaan Trust, by a Qatari organisation.
The Emaan Trust, of which Dr Al-Mathkour is honorary chairman, has already set up an evening school for children in the city and says the new place of worship will “promote and teach Islamic morals and values to new Muslim generations.”
It said Dr Al-Fulaij’s role as director and trustee had ceased as a result of the Telegraph’s findings.
The involvement of the two men with the mosque is highlighted in a report by Steven Merley, a former private investigator whose Global Muslim Brotherhood Research Center tracks the operations of the worldwide network.
Read the rest here (registration required)
The GMBRC report cited in the Telegraph article is currently unpublished but details a much wider look at the role of Qatar Charity UK in funding Global Muslim Brotherhood projects around Europe. The key findings of that report include:
- Qatar Charity (QCUK) was established ostensibly because of a need to supervise growing QC projects in the UK & Europe
- From its inception, QCUK has had strong ties to the UK and European Muslim Brotherhood and most of the known QCUK expenditures are being directed to Muslim Brotherhood-related projects in the UK and Europe.
- The Sheffield, UK mosque complex being constructed by the Emaan Trust with the support of QCUK appears to be the latest in a series of attempts involving the Europe Trust and/or Europe Trust officials to build large Islamic facilities in European cities controlled by the Global Muslim Brotherhood.
- The Emaan Trust Sheffield project appears to be focused on providing facilities for the Yemeni Muslim Brotherhood in the UK and centers on UK converts to Islam.
- Most of the Emaan Trust officers have problematic ties to the UK and/or Global Muslim Brotherhood, Islamism, and/or extremism and terrorism.
- Eslah Social Association (Likely Al-Islah charity, Muslim Brotherhood Kuwait)
- Muslim World League (Saudi organization for the propagation of “Wahabbi” Islam)
- International Islamic Relief Organization (Saudi Islamist charity)
- Islamic Dawa Organization Sudan (Executive Secretary is Malik Obama, half-brother of US President Obama)