Illinois Governor Pat Quinn gave the keynote address at the 2013 annual joint convention of the Muslim American Society (MAS) and the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA. One of the featured speakers at the convention was Dr. Mohamad Rateb Al-Nabulsi who has supported suicide attacks against civilians in Israel as well as the death penalty for homosexuals. The GMBDW reported yesterday that Dr. Al-Nabulsi’s US tour was being sponsored by organizations tied to the US Muslim Brotherhood. and to the Hamas support infrastructure. Other speakers of interest at the convention included:
- Jamal Badawi (leader in the US Muslim Brotherhood)
- Safaa Zarzour (leader in the Islamic Society of North America and Council on American Islamic Relations)
- Siraj Wahajj (US Muslim Brotherhood and unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing)
The Muslim American Society (MAS) was identified in a Hudson Institute report as a part of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood and closely tied to the Egyptian organization. The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) is a part of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood and considered to be closely tied to the Jamaat-e-Islami organization of Southeast Asia, itself allied with the Global Muslim Brotherhood. ICNA is particularly close to the MAS and the two organizations have been holding joint conferences in recent years.
As reported by we, this is not the first time that Governor Quinn has acted in support of US Brotherhood organizations:
- In July 2010, he appeared at a conference of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), another part of the US Brotherhood.
- In August 2011, he appointed the ISNA Secretary-General Saafa Zarzour to the newly created Muslim American Advisory Council.