The Islamischen Gemeinschaft in Deutschland e.V. (IGD) has announced the featured speakers for its 31st yearly public meeting/festival to be held October 23-25 in various cities in Germany. Most of the speakers are associated with the global Muslim Brotherhood and include:
- Tariq Ramadan (son-in-law of the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood)
- Ahmad Jaballah (leader in the French Muslim Brotherhood)
- Abdallah Ben Mansour (leader in the French Muslim Brotherhood)
- Wanis Mabrouk (leader in the Federation of Islamic Organizations in Europe (FIOE)
- Issam Al-Baschir (aka Essam Al-Bashir, former Minister of Religious Affairs in the Sudan, member of the European Council for Fatwa and Research)
The IGD has been listed yearly by the German domestic intelligence agency as an extremist organization and as representing the Muslim Brotherhood in Germany. IGD President Ibrahim El-Zayat is a leader or former leader of many important Muslim Brotherhood related organizations including FIOE, the Europe Trust, the Federation of European Muslim Youth Organizations (FEMYSO), and the World Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY). The IGD has been part of an Islamic center in Munich that has been under the control of the Muslim Brotherhood since the early 1960’s when Said Ramadan, the son-in-law of the founder, took control of an existing Islamic organization located there.