A Union of Good website is reporting further details on the “global march to Jerusalem” which has featured planning taking place at an Istanbul conference. According to the report:
The global alliance for the support of Al-Quds (Jerusalem) and Palestine invited all Arabs, Muslims and friends to participate in the marches to be held next March all over the world in support of the Palestinian people’s right to Al-Quds. This invitation was made during the two-day conference of the Arab-Turkish spring that was organized on Friday and Saturday in cooperation with the Arab-Turkish relations center in Istanbul. Delegations and members of the global alliance from 30 countries attended the conference. The conferees explored avenues and mechanisms to support Al-Quds and its people and to break the blockade on Gaza people. The Al-Quds March is slated to be launched in the 30th of next March from the various Arab countries towards borders with the occupied Palestine in coincidence with the memory of Land Day. Delegations of 15 countries from three continents, have met in Amman mid of last December, and issued an “Appeal of Freedom and Dignity” calling for ending the occupation of Al-Quds, stopping racial and judaization schemes, and the ethnic cleansing perpetrated by the Israeli occupation against the occupied city of Al-Quds, its inhabitants, and its sanctuaries.
It should also be noted that according to a Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs (JCPA) report, much of the Gaza Flotilla movement was planned and supported in Turkey which the report says has become a new center for the activities of the Global Muslim Brotherhood.
An earlier post discussed the invitation to the march that was posted on a far-left website. As noted in that post, six of the twelve individuals listed as sponsoring/endorsing the initiative are either leaders in or closely tied to the Global Brotherhood:
- Zaher Birawi, leading Palestine activist, Britain (director of the Palestine Return Center in the U.K)
- Gretta Duisenberg, Chair Foundation “Stop the Occupation”, Board member Free Gaza Movement, Netherlands (widow of former European Bank president; works closely with Muslim Brotherhood leaders in the Netherlands)
- Dr. Hafiz al Karmi, Chairman Palestinian Forum in Britain (The PFB works closely with Muslim Brotherhood groups in the U.K.)
- Mohammad Kozber, British Muslim Initiative (The BMI is part of the U.K Muslim Brotherhood)
- Mikalis Lukianos, Ship to Gaza, Greece (The Gaza Flotilla movement is closely tied to the Global Muslim Brotherhood)
- Ismael Patel, Chairman Friends of Al Aqsa, Britain (FOA and Patel work closely with the U.K. Muslim Brotherhood)