Israeli media is reporting that the Humanitarian Relief Foundation (IHH), a Turkish group close to the Global Muslim Brotherhood, has signed a ‘strategic cooperation agreement’ with Qatar Charity. According to a Jerusalem Post report:
Bulent Yildrim, chairman of the Turkish IHH organization, and Qatar Charity CEO Yousef bin Ahmad al-Kuwari signed the strategic agreement that was announced at a press conference held in Doha, Qatar.
The agreement ‘will bring both organizations already existing union closer,’ with the two aid agencies becoming ‘permanent partners,’ the IHH website reported on Monday.
The two organizations plan to carry out short- and longterm projects in various places.
They plan to carry out joint projects and to support each other’s existing ones, said IHH.
Within two months, the organizations’ representatives will meet to discuss ‘priority projects.’
Doha and Ankara have been supporting the Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamist groups throughout the Middle East, upsetting relations with Israel and with status quo anti-revolutionary Sunni powers such as Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt.
IHH plans to send ships carrying aid to Gaza again to challenge the Israeli blockade, it said earlier this month.
Activists from 12 countries have decided to launch a convoy of boats to Gaza ‘in the shadow of the latest Israeli aggression,’ IHH said.”
The GMBDW considers the agreement between IHH and Qatar Charity (aka Qatar Charitable Organisation) another significant step in cementing the role of Turkey and Qatar as major state sponsors of the Global Muslim Brotherhood.
A 2011 report report authored by the GMBDW editor looked at the role of IHH as the lead organization for the June 2010 Gaza Flotilla that was involved in a violent altercation with Israeli naval forces. The report concluded:
- There was strong evidence for Turkish governmental involvement in the flotilla with Turkish government support channeled through the Turkish Muslim Brotherhood network.
- Far from being merely a humanitarian organization IHH is rather is a highly politicized, Islamist group.
- Since 2006, Turkey has become a new center for the Global Muslim Brotherhood.
More recent GMBDW reporting on IHH has included:
- The GMBDW reported last month that the IHH was recruiting “human shields” to serve in the Gaza conflict.
- In September 2012, the GMBDW reported that that the IHH might have been involved in transporting weapons to Syria on behalf of the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood.
- In June 2012, we reported that the IHH President was being investigated for allegedly financing al-Qaeda through his organization.
Qatar, in turn, is a major sponsor of the Global Muslim Brotherhood networks though its official and quasi-official organizations such as Qatar Charity, the Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies, and the Qatar Foundation. Global Muslim Brotherhood leader Youssef Qaradawi and Hamas political leader Khaled Meshaal are also hosted and resident in Qatar which itself is a major funder of Hamas.