The global Muslim Brotherhood has been active around the world in attempting to stir up protest against Israeli actions in Gaza. Examples include:
- The “International Campaign Against the Siege on Gaza”, a coalition including the U.K. Muslim Brotherhood group the British Muslim Initiative (BMI)
- The “European Campaign to end the siege on Gaza” an initiative of the Federation of Islamic Organizations in Europe (FIOE,) the European Muslim Brotherhood umbrella group
- The recent statement of the Muslim World League calling a recent Israeli military encounter with Hamas “a bloody massacre”
- The Muslim American Society, a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood organization joining with the far-left group A.N.S.W.E.R in a campaign called “End the Criminal Israeli Siege of Gaza NOW!
- A sermon in Qatar by global Muslim Brotherhood leader Youssef Qaradawi about the war of impoverishment and humiliation, followed by a protest march in support of Hamas.
The global Muslim Brotherhood has been actively supporting Hamas since the inception of the group which, in fact, had its origins in the Muslim Brotherhood. Most important has been the financial support, a portion of which has been facilitated by worldwide Islamic charities many belonging to the Union of Good, a worldwide coalition under the direction of Youssef Qaradawi.